32 year-old burns to death in shack fire

A 32 year-old resident of DRC burned beyond recognition in the early hours of Saturday when her house caught fire. It is alleged that the victim went to bed while leaving a candle burning.

The incident was confirmed by Detective Chief Inspector Jatikua Tjiramba, Acting Regional Crime Investigations Co-ordinator for Erongo. According to him the house in question caught fire at about 02:00 in the morning. It is located on Erf 1136 in Nalitungwe Street. “Witnesses alleged that the deceased was inebriated,” he said to namib times. When members of the fire brigade arrived at the scene and were busy extinguishing the fire the neighbouring shack, belonging to Bianca Hoaeb, suddenly also started burning. “It is alleged that the little brother to the deceased left a candle burning in his ghetto while he was at the first scene,” Tjiramba continued saying. The police is investigating a case of inquest. A total of three shacks were razed to the ground during the incident.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login