Seventy people left homeless after Tutaleni fire

Seventy people were left homeless after a fire destroyed sixteen shacks and damaged another four at Kuisebmond’s Tutaleni on Monday of this week.

It is alleged the fire was caused by a candle that was left unattended. The fire soon spread to adjacent shacks. No injuries or fatalities were reported.
The public living in informal settlements or informal housing are once again cautioned of the danger fires pose. Many residents use gas to cook, and candles and paraffin for light.
The winter weather also prompts people to use open flames for warmth.
Often these gas stoves, candles, lamps and heaters are left unattended and it could start deadly fires within minutes.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login