Toddler dies after being electrocuted at Swakopmund

In what can only be described as a horrible incident that occurred on 24 May in Swakopmund, a three-year-old girl died after she was electrocuted.

According to information received the toddler, identified as T. Swaartbooi passed away after she allegedly touched live electrical wires of an electrical box in the suburb Olwetoveni in Mondesa in Xaib Street. Her body was found lying next to a power kiosk. According to information received by namib times she touched the box, which was supposed to be locked. “This box is locked and only opened by electricians from Erongo RED,” the source claimed.
The Public Relations Officer of Erongo RED, Benjamin Nangombe, confirmed the incident in a telephonic conversation with namib times yesterday afternoon. “We are aware of the incident and all the relevant stakeholders have been informed and the investigation by the police is still ongoing. We will only know as to what has actually transpired once the results of the investigation by police and postmortem report have been communicated to us,” he said.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login